One day. David and his friends talked about who their closest 21 were. When it was his turn, he said, "My best friend is Amy, 22 81-year-old woman living in Florida."
Their friendship came 23 a game. In the game, David and Amy were on the same team. After this game, they became good friends. David even told her about his dream of music.
However, life was hard for David at that time. He hardly 24 time or money to play music. Most of the time. he had to work in a restaurant. He felt that his dream was hopeless(無望的). 25 he almost lost heart, Amy gave him lots of help and supported his dream. Two years later, he decided 26 to New York for his dream. There he held his first concert successfully.
After the concert, a famous reporter in New York heard of their story. He wanted to know what 27 . So he flew to Florida to interview her. To his surprise, the friendship between Amy and David was 28 than he could imagine.
Later, many people 29 by this story. But Amy thought it was nothing. She said, "As friends, we 30 give a hand when they need."
21. A. friend B. friends C. classmate D. classmates
22. A. the B. / C. a D. an
23. A. from B. below C. to D. at
24. A. have B. had C. has had D. will have
25. A. Before B. When C. Unless D. If
26. A. go B. going C. to go D. gone
27. A. Amy was like B. was Amy like C. is Amy like D. Amy is like
28. A. beautiful B. beautifully C. more beautiful D. the most beautiful
29. A. is moved B. are moved C. was moved D. were moved
30. A. should B. would C. mustn't D. can't
Since my mother moved to live with us in the city, she has been much heavier than before. As time went by, her health got 31 . So I had to take her to see a 32 . My mother was told to lose weight by doing exercise every day. She had no choice but to follow 33 the doctor said. I told her that I would exercise with her every morning.
On the first morning, she got up very early 34 ran with me in our neighborhood. I tried to run slowly so that she could follow me. After 35 for some minutes, I told her the proper ways of exercise and the importance of eating healthy food. She listened to me carefully. It made me 36 that she told me everything very patiently when I was a kid. On the second morning, I praised her for keeping running with me.
But after two weeks, she wanted to 37 running because she thought the two-week exercise didn't work at all. To encourage her, I taught her how to use the facilities (設施) for exercise in our 38 . She began to exercise again.
With my help, it 39 her one month to develop a good habit of daily exercise. "Thank you, my dear daughter. Exercise brings health and happiness to me. I will 40 worry about my health." Her words touched my heart deeply. I felt happy to make a big difference to my mother's life.
31. A. better B. stronger C. worse D. thinner
32. A teacher B. waiter C. nurse D. doctor
33. A that B. what C. which D. where
34. A. and B. but C. so D. or
35. A. swimming B. running C. playing D. eating
36. A. act B. eat up C. set up D. remember
37. A. give up B. hospital C. neighborhood D. put up
38. A. school B. hospital C. neighborhood D. cinema
39. A. cost B. spent C. took D. paid
40. A. never B. ever C. sometimes D. always